Instagram is now accountable.
The biggest issue marketers have had with Instagram is that you can’t boost and you can’t track, that has all changed. Instagram through Facebook has had ad capabilities for awhile but now with Instagram business accounts you can advertise through Instagram and you can quantify your efforts with their insights tools.
So it is time to get serious about your Instagram marketing. We have compiled 10 tips to get you on the right track with your Instagram business account.
10 Things For Businesses to do on Instagram
10. Create or convert your Instagram profile to a business account so you can boost images and videos to a targeted audience and track your Instagram efforts.
9. Time is precious in business, so take and stock up on good pictures that can be shared on a daily basis. Put your images in a cloud location you can access from your phone, tablet, and computer.
8. Less is more, let the image speak for itself. If you need to write an essay for people to understand what the picture you are sharing is about, you shouldn’t be sharing it online.
7. Do not use very many hashtags in your initial post description; you can use up to 30 hashtags per image, use them sporadically in comments to follow. Delete hashtags after they have fulfilled their purpose.
6. Post similar images close together but still keep the image content varied. When someone sees an image they like they will go to your profile to see more, don’t make it difficult for them to find the types of images they came looking for.
5. After you post your image and your first set of hashtags, go in and like images that are using the same hashtags. Birds of feather flock together and they will reciprocate by liking your images.
4. Keep it classy; your images should not be sales pieces, billboards or over filtered, they should be beautiful images that inspire and entice.
3. Research the Instagram users you are trying to get noticed by and connect with, what are they posting, what images are they liking, and what hashtags do they use?
2. Follow popular Instagram accounts that fit or compliment your content and your target audience; those accounts will give you great inspiration.
1. Likes are great, but comments are better. Get out there and engage the Instagram community, follow, comment (a lot), and have fun if you are genuine and prolific it will pay off.