It’s not the network; it’s the content. When clients come to us, so often the first thing they say is “I hate social media it doesn’t work”; there are so many things to address in that one statement like; what are your goals, strategy, implementation, consistency, and content? In digital marketing every platform is unique, there are best practices for each network, but ultimately it comes down to your communication plan.
What is your content plan?
It is all about content, what are you writing, photographing, videoing, and posting? Where are you getting your ideas from, how are you executing them, and how often are you engaging people – real people in real dialogue?
10. Research is not an option; it is everything. Research your industry, competition, news sources, target audience, & influencers.
9. Create a comprehensive and fluid plan. Your marketing plan should look at the whole year but should be analyzed monthly and in some cases weekly for timely tweaking.
8. Set realistic expectations. Rome was not built overnight, and even the best marketing needs time to flourish.
7. Set up newsfeed tools, so you are getting recent and trending content daily. Pull in content on your industry, topic categories, local communities, target audience interests, and competition. Here some tools to get you started:
6. Original content is essential, but curating content is also important, curation shows that you are plugged in and on top of your industry.
5. Change up your content to fit varying networks, what you post to Facebook should be different than what you post to Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, or Snapchat. What you post on your website should be reworked when sharing in your e-newsletter to fit your goals for that communication tool.
4. Quantify and qualify everything. Use social media and web monitoring tools to organize your time, track your progress, and to analyze your efforts.
3. Get Creative. What you did yesterday may not be good today. The Internet moves fast and attention spans that much faster so stay relevant and interesting. To keep people excited and engaged you must always be reinventing your posts.
2. Media Madness. Images, video, and audio are where it’s at. You do not have to recreate content you can easily convert existing content to freshen it up, change perspective, and to fit different platforms.
1. Every day is a new day to learn. Make sure you have a comprehensive and timely reading list from the brightest in the industry.